Towards the end of July 2012 the System for Award Management (SAM) will combine the first phase of eight federal procurement systems into one.
- The first phase of transition will include the CCR, ORCA, FedReg and EPLS.
The government is looking to sharpen their pencils and reduce the costs of doing business.
Small Business Benefits
- Eliminates the need to register on multiple sites.
- Makes it easier for businesses to register online.
- Small businesses will continue to self certifying online.
- Simplifies small business viewing business opportunities.
- Potential for increased contract awards for small businesses.
Contracting Officer Benefits
A single portal for reviewing data necessary to:
- Post contract opportunities
- Verify supplier qualifications
- Determine awards
- Evaluate prime and subcontractor performances